Monday, August 30, 2010

Avo Cado

When I first moved in with my old roommate, Avo Cado was her profile name on a popular networking site (that has since lost its appeal). I'm a bit embarrassed to say, but it actually took me a little while to put one and one together and realize that it was the word avocado split in two. How silly of me. Needless to say, she loved avocados and was the one who introduced me to this absolutely delicious treat; an avocado shake! I am now a loyal disciple.

You are probably making a face at this point (as is the case for most people when this is mentioned), but trust me, it's delicious. Well, if you don't like avocados you may not find it delicious, but if you don't like avocados, then you're just plain crazy. It seems people have trouble fathoming an avocado being used in a sweet way, but I learned it's actually the more common way to use it in many Asian countries.

Just remember, you can't say "No, thank you" until you try something!

Avocado Shake

In the past, I've made it using vanilla ice cream, but when researching it a few months ago, found this is the correct way to do it.

Ingredients:
1 ripe avocado
1 cup milk (the higher the fat the better the taste)
2 cups ice
1/4-1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk (depending on how sweet you like it)

Mix all ingredients together in a blender. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Nicolette said...

I DO like Avocados and I DO want to try this!

Nicolette said...

I tried this b4 the weekend and was surprisingly impressed. It was pretty tasty. Not too much, but just perfect.